Friday, March 11, 2011

Back At It

Well, I am back from my hiatus of not writing posts. Life occurrences and the fact that there is no free agency has lead me to take some time off from writing. I am back, however, and although I wasn't writing posts, I was still checking up on the Chiefs every day; and I can honestly say that there is not much going on.

Besides Clark Hunt representing the owners, and Mike Vrabel and Brian Waters representing the players in these CBA negotiations, not a lot of action (besides the occasional Pro Day. I have to hand it to the Chiefs, they seem to send scouts to all the Pro Days. No rock left unturned is a good strategy for a team looking to build in the draft and I respect that kind of mentality Scott Pioli has brought to the Chiefs).

Now, since I've had time to think about what my next post is going to be on (just how good Tamba Hali is), I am going to give some quick updates on what's been going on with the Chiefs in the last week.

Some Chiefs have discussed back-up plans to team practices in case there is a lockout. I find this a great idea and it makes me like these young players the Chiefs have even more.

Eric Berry talks about how he could play professional baseball if there's no football this year. If so, maybe the Royals should take a look at him.

Some question if Dwayne Bowe can have the same type of season in the future as he did last season. The argument is a legitimate one, and the comparisons are there. But I wouldn't get hung up about it.

Mel Kiper came out with his Mock Draft 3.0. He once again has Akeem Ayers going to the Chiefs with the 21st pick. Meanwhile, Bill Williamson of ESPN, has his own thoughts about where the Chiefs might go in the draft, along with the rest of the AFC West.

Josh Looney from the Chiefs official website, came out today with a very interesting article about the Chiefs and the upcoming draft and how it's different this year than in the past because of the lack of free agency. Excuse his 1980s video game analogy, and really read what it has to say. Some pretty good stuff.

Alright, that about wraps it up. Come back tomorrow for another post. Hopefully I can get back on schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment