Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bittersweet Loss and Other Happenings

Well, Jamaal Charles is out of the running to be on the cover of Madden 12. I thought he would have flown by Peyton Hillis, but instead, he suffered a 60% to 40% defeat.

I think Charles is far and away the better player and better candidate to be on the cover of Madden 12. But the fans spoke. I didn't want Charles to suffer the Madden Curse, so I didn't want him to win the whole thing; but a loss to Hillis is disappointing to say the least.

Oh well.

The final four candidates are: Aaron Rodgers (1 seed), Peyton Hillis (10 seed), Michael Vick (3 seed and shouldn't he have learned his lesson about the Madden Curse by now), and Adrian Peterson (9 seed). If you wish to vote, here's the link.

So has everybody gotten their share of mock draft madness over the last couple of months? It seems like everybody and their dog has put out a mock draft (even the Kansas City Star is delving into it, although their selections are a little curious).

Well, I hope you have room for one more mock draft. I will be presenting a mock draft here soon before the draft (duh). I will only present one because I find it irritating how much one person can switch up their mock draft from week to week (I'm looking at you McShay and Kiper).

In other news surrounding the draft, the Chiefs are hosting a draft party on April 28th, the first night of the NFL draft. I think this is a cool idea and an awesome incentive to watch the draft with a bunch of other Chiefs fans. If interested, here's the link.

The NFL has released their preseason schedule and the Chiefs open up with a nationally televised game against the Tampa Bay Bucs. These two up-and-coming teams who surprised a lot of people last year will battle it out in Kansas City on Friday, August 12th. This is, of course, depending on if there is actually football going on in August. If there is, I strongly suggest going to that game.

Before I leave you I must say one thing: I MISS FREE AGENCY!!!

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment