Sunday, September 18, 2011

Jamaal Charles is Out For the Season



I joked last week that the Chiefs weakness was the anterior cruciate ligament. I joked because I thought that since lightning had already struck twice, there was no way it would strike three times in a row. I joked because if I didn't laugh I would cry.

I'm not joking anymore.

Jamaal Charles, who some would argue is the single most important player for the Chiefs offense, is reportedly out for the season with a torn ACL. When he was initially hurt, he wasn't able to walk off on his own power, so I figured it was something serious, but deep down I just knew it was a torn ACL. That's just how the season has gone for us so far.

Charles was second in the NFL last year in rushing yards (1,467) and had the second highest yards per carry average in NFL history (6.38). He was the heart beat of the offense, and his tempo was what won us 10 games last season. His loss is, to put it lightly, absolutely devastating.

That makes a total of three players with torn ACL's for the Chiefs alone: Tony Moeaki, Eric Berry, and now Jamaal Charles.

No comments:

Post a Comment