Monday, December 12, 2011

The End: Chiefs vs. Jets

NYJ - 37           KC - 10

I should have wrote this post immediately after the game yesterday, but I didn't feel like it. Besides, I reasoned to myself, there will be plenty of time on Monday to do it. Well, I didn't think Haley was actually going to be fired. So I am going to rush through this post for both your and my benefit.

What We Did Right
  • The Chiefs defense had three sacks against the Jets, with Arenas, Houston and Hali all getting to Mark Sanchez.
  • Ryan Succop made a 53 yard field goal, extending his consecutive field goals to 17. Considering how upset everyone was with him at the beginning of the season for missing his first few attempts, he has responded like a Pro. 
  • Jon Baldwin had a nice one-handed catch along the sideline. He looks to be a play-maker, just needs someone to throw to him.
What We Could Have Done Better
  • We had Tyler Palko attempt passes (finished with 50% completion, 1 TD and 1 INT).
  • Bowe dropped a TD pass. I still think we should keep him next season, instead of letting him follow Haley to his next job. Bowe is a good WR, and we can't afford to regress in that department.
  • We had Jackie Battle, Thomas Jones, and Dexter McCluster attempt to run the ball (46 yards combined and 1 safety).
  • We penalized our way into oblivion (11 for 128 yards). 
  • We fired our head coach (read post below for full details and opinion). 

No comments:

Post a Comment