Sunday, February 27, 2011

Where Does The Weekend Go . . .

If you are completely obsessed with football like myself, then you have probably been watching the NFL scouting combine. If not, then let me catch you up with some of the happenings.

Today, it has been the quarterbacks, running backs, and wide receivers showing off their skills. These are highly coveted positions, and really the most entertaining part of watching the combine. There are a few players that I have been watching closely. Julio Jones from Alabama has made it impossible to not be impressed by; Titus Young, a wide receiver out of Boise State, was looking really good in his skills before what NFL Network called a leg cramp. 

I was keeping an eye on quarterbacks as well since I do believe the Chiefs need to draft a backup quarterback this season. After being underwhelmed by Cam Newton (who I've never been interested in seeing in Kansas City anyway), I kept a close eye on Ricky Stanzi, since it's been projected that he will be a middle round guy. He looked decent in his skill tests, but a couple of other mid-round selection guys looked good as well. These were Christian Ponder from Florida State and T.J. Yates out of North Carolina. 

If you haven't checked out the combine yet, I would recommend you turn on the NFL Network for a little bit. One of these guys might be wearing a Chiefs uniform next year, so it's cool seeing them perform here at the combine.

Well, I'm going to get back to watching these players. But before I leave you, check out these articles on the Chiefs that are about the combine and the upcoming draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment