Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Post C

Today, we find ourselves just a few hours from kickoff for the greatest game in professional football. A battle between two of the oldest franchises in the NFL; The Pittsburgh Steelers and the Green Bay Packers.

This is also my 100th post, hence the post title "Super Post C." C is the roman numeral for 100, so don't think I'm entirely crazy.

This will be a great game. And to be honest, I don't know who to root for. In one corner, you have a team that's already won six Super Bowls and is spoiled in their achievements. Their victories have scanned decades

In the other corner, you have a team that beat the Chiefs in Super Bowl I, and their legendary head coach called the Chiefs and the AFL a "Mickey Mouse" league. They have also been to four Super Bowls and won three.

So, as you can tell, I am torn.

So, I asked some of the people that will be accompanying me in watching the Super Bowl for their predictions. My sister says Green Bay over Pittsburgh 35-31. My dad says Pittsburgh over Green Bay 28-14. It seems my family is also torn.

Before I finish this post, I want to make one last point: The Chiefs beat the Steelers last year during the regular season and the Chiefs beat the Packers during this years preseason (without Aaron Rodgers but oh well). I know this point doesn't mean much, but it makes me feel slightly better about the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment