Thursday, February 9, 2012

The New Look



Todd Haley, in his introductory press conference as the Steelers new offensive coordinator, looked well groomed as his iconic beard was absent and his usually mangy hair cut. But the most different look Haley brought to this press conference was that Steelers patch he had on his left breast.

Steelers Head Coach Mike Tomlin introduced Haley on his return "home." “When I started this process, I talked to a lot of people and did a lot of research,” Tomlin said. “I was really impressed by him, not only by his resume and experience, but also his genuine love for the Pittsburgh Steelers. That was a unique element for me, one that I have been attracted to in the past. I will always be interested in guys that know what the standard is for the Steelers.”

“One of the first things I will say to these guys is we aren’t going to be real into a lot of sensitivity,” Haley told the Pittsburgh media. “If you are sensitive, this is probably not the best place to be. But I have to adhere to it too. I dish it out, but I have to take it.

“But this is a passionate, emotional game and you watch the playoffs, and everybody is a little different. I watch those Harbaugh guys, they are pretty into the games. It is about the end result. When I got let go in Kansas City, and the calls and the texts that I was getting from the players there, Derrick Johnson, Dwayne Bowe and all of those guys, that is what as a coach means something to you.

“When Steve Breaston comes back to play, and you were just as hard on him as anybody. It’s about the end result, and these guys really appreciate that. If they know you have their goals in mind, and they all want to be great players, as good as they can possibly be, once they figure that out, that that is what you care about, it is a non-issue, generally.”

I'm happy for Todd Haley, but I'll definitely be rooting against him and his Steelers as the Chiefs face them on the road this coming season.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/02/09/3420080/steelers-introduce-todd-haley.html#storylink=cpy

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/02/09/3420080/steelers-introduce-todd-haley.html#storylink=cpy

No comments:

Post a Comment