Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Congratulations

When I did my Pro Bowl selection post, I was slightly upset at the turn out. I thought that a few of our players got snubbed and that it was strange that a division champion would send only three players to the pro bowl. I mean heck, we sent two players to the Pro Bowl in 2008 when we only won two games. And on further inspection, it is indeed the fewest amount of players the Chiefs have ever sent to a Pro Bowl when winning a division championship.

But, I felt that I spent more time complaining about the snubbed players than about the players that did make the Pro Bowl.

So here's their moment.

Congratulations Dwayne Bowe, Jamaal Charles, and Brian Waters. This is Bowe's and Charles' first Pro Bowl invitation while it is veteran Waters' fifth. Bowe and Charles have had the best statistical seasons of their careers and Waters continues to be an anchor of the number one rushing team in the NFL.

These three players have been a large reason for the Chiefs success throughout the season and are very deserving of the award. I am glad that we have these players on our team and for Bowe and Charles, I'm sure this is just the first of many Pro Bowls to come.

2 comments:

  1. As much as everyone has been complaining about Cassel getting snubbed, I've been impressed that Cassel isn't making a big deal about it. Not that I disagree with the complaints (I think being fifth in the league and having the second highest touchdown-to-interception ratio should count for something), but someone like Manning would have let everyone know how upset he was had he not made it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassel has been a big surprise this season. I liked him coming over from New England. Last year was a struggle and the beginning of the season was rough, but he has made me a believer and after his performance following an appendectomy, there can't be any question that he's going to be the Chiefs qb for some time to come.

    ReplyDelete