Sunday, December 26, 2010

Feelin' Lucky?

With this game coming up against the Titans, I will be using all of my lucky mojo. This includes my lucky Chiefs shirt and my newly discovered small-stuffed Chiefs football.

I held that tiny red and yellow football the entire game against the Rams last week and it came through. That's when I decided I would continue holding that football during Chiefs games until the luck runs out. I've already had to give up on a few former lucky items, including my Matt Cassel jersey on game days. It came through for me on the win in Buffalo, but betrayed me for Oakland and Denver. I decided that all its luck had been used for the Buffalo overtime thriller (which wouldn't surprise me at all) and haven't worn it on a Sunday morning since.

Do you think I'm crazy yet?

There are a lot of sports fans that are superstitious. Some are just more than others. I am one of those more. But I am not afraid of it, I do not hide it. And with huge games being played by the Chiefs, I don't want to leave anything to 'chance.' The Titans have 5 turnovers in their last 3 games; I'm hoping to keep that trend going.

Why are sports fans superstitious? I think it's easier to blame a loss on oneself and bad luck than on their beloved sports team. I am not a psychologist though, that is just my analysis.

But if you are like me and have some lucky object or some lucky ritual, let Tip of the Arrowhead know about it by leaving a description of it in the comment box.

No comments:

Post a Comment